Monday, December 3, 2012

Tia Susan's Indian Corn Pudding

I had a request for the corn pudding recipe from Thanksgiving and thought I would share it with everyone since it was one of the few recipes I didn't get from an online source... and because it is delicious, and I want to share all things delightful with you.  The recipe is surprisingly easy and results in an impressively yummy side dish for any meal.

Tia Susan's Indian Corn Pudding

2 cans creamed corn
1/3 cup corn oil
1 cup yellow corn meal (I used white because that is what I had on hand)
1/2 of a small can of mild green chiles
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup 2% milk (I used skim, and it still worked out)
1 tbsp salt (My creamed corn was low sodium, so I didn't feel bad adding in so much salt)

Combine all the ingredients and bake in a 9x9 baking dish at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


It is just that easy.  In the picture, you can see the edges get slightly darker, but other than that, I couldn't really find another indicator of done-ness... I just took it out after 45 minutes and hoped for the best.  I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. !!! Thanks for "Tia Susan Indian Corn Pudding!!
    I'll try it next week in after, after,after Thanksgiving get together with special friends. They will love it.

    ReplyDelete