Sunday, August 11, 2013

Project Home Decor

Hubby and I are slowly decorating the house and putting our spin on it.  We recently bought a piece of art for the living room, and I am in the process of recovering the throw pillows on the living room couch.  I love doing different projects to help add personal touches to our home (as you might guess from my homemade coffee table project).  When we were looking for houses, I made sure we would have an extra room to serve as an office/guest room/crafting-project space. 

The newly recovered pillow on the left and the old pillow on the right.

This all-purpose space is key to all the crazy things I come up with.  I have set up a table that flaps open to hold my sewing machine for the pillow project.  There's a tall bookcase that has all my cookbooks and craft books.  My treadmill sits in the corner of the room ready for morning workouts.  The desks in the room are not as necessary with the study that is located just off of this room, but they still hold stationary, a TV, and inspirational mementos.

Where the magic happens... this is the view from the door to guest room/workspace.

You can see my workout space and the surprisingly comfy pull out couch.

The sewing machine is set up for my pillow project.  You can see the fireplace in the living room through the door.

1 comment:

  1. Rosario: No sabes cuanto disfruto conociendo tu casa por capitulos.Es tu "castillo" y cada habitacion tiene su ¿porqué?. el cojin te quedo muy bonito y refleja tu nueva etapa en decoración. El cuarto de "diseño" es el sueño de un dedorador. Todo a mano!!!!!!. Felicitaciones
    Abuela

    ReplyDelete