Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Card Photo and Holiday Decorations

Hubby has a great tradition of sending Christmas cards... when I met him, he was the only guy in his mid-20s that I knew that sent greeting cards.  It's one of the many things I love about him. To make his tradition truly ours, I have added extra complications (a tradition of mine) to the process.

Hubby used to send regular cards with a Santa or funny phrase, but I insist on sending photo cards.  It wouldn't be that bad if we sent cards with photos of just hubby and me, but I don't do simple.  I insisted that we take a picture of us as well as the two dogs.  I had been thinking about this photo since October when we had plenty of capable visitors to take our photo, but instead we waited until late November and hoped for the best with a tripod.

I thought the whole thing was so entertaining that I made a video of the series of pictures that made up our photo session...


Beyond sending out Christmas cards, hubby and I have decorated the house so that there are holiday greetings coming out of every corner.  With two Christmas trees (one real, one fake), the cutest tinsel trees from Target, stockings, and ornaments galore, it truly feels like the holidays at home.

Our real tree is joined by a snowman who is so excited that the holidays are here

 Our fake tree is a little more folksy and has lots of homemade ornaments

Here's a close look at the ornaments... my mom and I made all the little girl ornaments that are joined by store bought home-y ornaments

 This is our red tinsel tree bringing glimmer-y goodness to the coffee bar

 These cold weather birds are bundled up and keeping the coffee warm

 A vintage Starbucks advent calendar is one of my favorite additions from hubby's Christmas collection

1 comment:

  1. Rosario:
    Estaba extrañando tus blogs.... pero ya me puse al dia. Tus decoraciones en la casa están preciosas,pero el video de como escogieron la foto de Navidad no tiene desperdicio. Sigue con esa alegria y buen humor que es lo que hace la diferencia
    Abuela

    ReplyDelete