Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy (Belated) Halloween!

From the title of this post, you can see that I'm a little behind in my blogging.  Though I haven't been blogging, I've been getting great blog ideas and can't wait to share them with you.  But first, Halloween...

We were told when we first bought our house that Halloween in Oak Cliff was a big deal.  We heard stories about the thousands of children that descend upon our neighborhood each year.  At first, hubby and I were skeptical... Where did all these kids come from?  Do people really spend that much money on candy?  Just in case, hubby and I (and some of our friends) loaded up with 1,000 pieces of candy.  I was a little afraid that we would be left with most of the candy, but that was not the case.  As promised, there were children everywhere.  We had a constant stream of trick-or-treaters from 6pm until we ran out of candy around 8pm.  If we hadn't had friends over to help pass out candy, we would never have found the time to eat dinner.  Now that we know what to expect, we are really looking forward to Halloween next year.

And what would Halloween be without decorations...
I made lasagna (not pictured) for dinner on Halloween night with skull shaped cakes for dessert and plenty of Halloween-themed wine.

Thanks to my mom, who gifted us the skull cake pan, I was able to make some very gruesome cakes.

 This is my attempt at exploding brains.

 We had spider webs all over the dining room... watch out for the black cat!

A skeleton garland hung on the fireplace with pumpkins all over...

There were LOTS of pumpkins!

More current holiday posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment