Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 4: Sick Day

I was able to accomplish much more than expected on my birthday.  You can now see the kitchen floor and the entrance way, though now I feel like I've hit a wall... it's like writer's block for unpacking.  Since I've been getting sick, I have decided to call in a sick day.  I will do some unpacking, but most of the day will be spent resting and trying to get better (did I mention I'm getting married in 12 days?). 

Besides unpacking, I spent my birthday eating delicious food.  I went to breakfast at the Ol' South Pancake House (www.olsouthpancakehouse.com), which was everything I'd hoped it'd be and more.  I had the breakfast tacos, and we shared a dutch baby pancake.  Both were delicious in different ways... the tacos were warm and reminded me of my time in Houston (they don't make them quite right in New York), and the dutch baby had a flavor that intrigued me and grew on me.  After dropping my mom off at the airport, we went to the Cupcakery (http://www.thecupcakery.com/) in downtown Fort Worth to get birthday cupcakes.  The strawberry lemonade, which is a seasonal flavor, was bright and fresh and the favorite in our selection.  For dinner, we met up with friends and ate at the Woodshed (http://www.woodshedsmokehouse.com/).  We had Woodshed for lunch on Day 2, and it just keeps getting better.  I had "today's animal," which was smoked lamb... super yum!

Ok, now my sick day will commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment