Sunday, June 10, 2012

Days 2 & 3: IKEA and My Birthday!

Day 2 was spent attacking the pile that had taken over our living room.  The pile is now spread throughout the apartment in such a way that we can barely see the floor or any other surface.  Any progress we make seems to unearth another layer of boxes that we didn't see coming.  I have hope, but I think it's going to take longer than I expected to make our new apartment feel like home.

Here is the current state of the move:





After a solid morning of unpacking, my fiance and I deciding to give my mom a tour of Fort Worth.  We drove her by 7th Street (with a stop at Target to pick up supplies), through Downtown's Sundance Square, and around the Stockyards.  It was my first time at the Stockyards, and I just loved the campy/cheesiness of a Western town... I will definitely be going back in the appropriate attire (boots and Western wear).  Once the tour was done, we decided we needed to go to IKEA (not that we have room at the moment to build anything).  We bought as much as the car could carry and made our way back to Fort Worth to continue unpacking.

Today is my birthday, and my fiance said I only had to unpack one box today, although I already unpacked two since I've been awake.  Since it's my birthday, this is all I'm writing for today... I'll let you know how my progress is and how life in Fort Worth is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment