Friday, July 20, 2012

Food Trucks and the Last of the Boxes

I can't believe it's already Friday.  This week I've made a big push to unpack the remaining boxes and do my best to organize and find places for everything.  The reason for the Friday deadline of my productivity efforts is that hubby's pop is coming to town.  We are so excited to have our first official visitor (sorry, mom, you'll have to come back now that the apartment looks nice).  As hubby said last night, the apartment finally looks like a home.  So here it is...

This is the kitchen... notice how there is visible counter space

The living room

View of the apartment from the patio

The office still needs some work, but I can see the floor!

Yesterday, hubby and I decided to go out for lunch.  We went to The Great Outdoors, which sounds like somewhere you could buy camping equipment, but it is not.  The Great Outdoors is basically a fancier Subway with an outdoors theme.  It was good but not worth writing more about.  The more important story here is that we went to the Food Park to try a food truck for dessert.  In New York City, food trucks are a big deal, and they are everywhere.  There is a food truck for every kind of food imaginable... They even have food truck awards each year!  When I found out that there was a food truck park here in Fort Worth, I was pretty excited.  I've been trying to come up with a reason to go, and dessert sounded like as good a reason as anything else.


The Fort Worth Food Park is located behind Target.  It looks like two long driveways with picnic tables set up in the middle.  There were more trucks than I expected, so you should expect another Food Park post in the near future.  Since we were there for dessert, we went to Red Jett Sweets, who has appeared on Food Network's Cupcake Wars.  Hubby tried the Coconut Comet, and I had the Nuts for Kentucky.  There was plenty of icing and dense cakey cupcake that made hubby smile.  Both were super delicious, and I can't wait to go back and try the other flavors.

 I love their jet-setting logo

It looked so pretty in its box... I almost didn't want to eat it...

But I can't say no to a cupcake... yum!

Before I take off to clean the house and enjoy the weekend, I wanted to leave you with a picture of the sky yesterday.  The clouds looked so puffy.  It was almost like they had been specially painted there just to keep the blue of the sky company.  I am enjoying my sunny new home.


2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!
    Todo el apartamento luce como de revista.Hasta los cojines(que no conocia) son eclecticos.Realmente en tan poco tiempo has hecho muchisimo....y tuviste tiempo para probar los camiones de comida de Texas.!!Bravo!!
    El cielo y las nubes se pusieron de acuerdo para acogerte.Keep going
    Abuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciating the time and effort you put into your website. Searching to remove your Car for Cash? Metal Biz Recyclers warm-heartedly greets every customer with any car they have. With our 100% customer satisfaction, you can easily get Cash for cars Brisbane up to $9,999.

    ReplyDelete