Thursday, July 12, 2012

Progress and FroYo

Yesterday was a quiet, uneventful day.  I finally made some progress unpacking and organizing the entrance way... so much so that hubby took notice when he came home. You can now see the floor, which is quite an improvement.  I think today I might work on clearing the kitchen counters, and then my kitchen area may be close to complete. 

Clear walkway!

Last night's dinner was uneventful, though hubby found it quite delicious.  I made vaca frita de pollo (that just means fried up stripped chicken) with rice and black beans.

 

After dinner we decided to go for a walk to our local frozen yogurt spot, Menchie's.  During our Italian honeymoon, we enjoyed taking a passeggiato (Italian for walk) in the evenings and wanted to keep up the tradition when we got back home.  Frozen yogurt was popular in New York, and right before we left, a 16 Handles opened near my apartment.  Menchie's, like 16 Handles, has various frozen yogurt flavors to choose from, and you can mix and match and add as many toppings as you'd like.  The weight of your creation determines the price.  Hubby is a fan of froyo (frozen yogurt for short) and was glad to be able to get some so close by in Fort Worth.


Note: This blog was originally intended to showcase my transition from big city to small town, and I fully intend on doing that... just not yet.  I feel as if I am sort of stuck in the transition trying to get my life together before enjoying myself in Fort Worth.  However, I hope that the weekend will bring exciting new activities and experiences to share.





No comments:

Post a Comment