Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thank You Notes and Mushrooms

It's hard to believe that hubby and I got married over a month ago.  So much has happened in this last month, and our wedding thank you notes have been consistently moved to the bottom of the to-do list.  Since the unpacking is done, I've been focusing on thank you notes this week, and we have a lot to be thankful for.  Beyond the great presents that are now a part of our everyday lives, we had such a wonderful wedding because of all the people that were there to share it with us.  I'm glad we are finally getting the thank you notes out, so people know how much we appreciate them.

Thank you notes ready to mail out

Last night I made a chicken with mushroom sauce recipe that looked delicious.  Mine didn't end up looking quite like the picture in the recipe, but it still tasted good and kept hubby smiling.  I like being able to make a meal that is healthy, especially in the middle of the week.  On the weekends, as you've seen in previous posts, we allow ourselves to splurge and try new restaurants.  For this reason, eating healthy and exercising during the week (and a little portion control on the weekends) is really important.  I read an article in BusinessWeek this week about people having more willpower on Mondays.  I am hoping to stretch that healthy willpower and self control as far into the week as I can.  

 We bought the Martha Stewart cutting boards that are specific for certain meats.  This way, only raw chicken gets cut on the chicken cutting board.

 Cooking up the chicken.  This time it didn't turn out dry (I used breast meat) because of searing the meat first and then cooking at a lower temperature... or at least that's what I'm guessing.

I served the chicken with mushroom sauce with a side of Texas-flavored green beans that I found in the frozen food section of Central Market.  They had pieces of bacon and chipotle chiles!

1 comment:

  1. Rosario:
    Muy bueno el pollo. Encontraste la solucion pora que las pechugas queden jugosas.1Bravo!
    Abuela

    ReplyDelete