Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Road Work and Risotto

I did some driving yesterday to make a return at Ikea and noticed that there is road work everywhere in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  Hubby and I have experienced the road work close to home.  There is construction around our entrance/exit onto I-30, and University Drive is closed at Berry Street, which has been inconvenient for getting to Kroger.  As I drove out to Frisco (where Ikea is located), I realized that the road construction exists well past our little corner of Fort Worth.  The nice part about any construction in Texas is that I am always seeing progress.  In New York, buildings would be covered in scaffolding for years without workers ever present, and then mysteriously the scaffolding would disappear.

Last night's dinner was a porcini mushroom risotto.  I got the recipe from hubby's older brother who got it from Cooking Light, and it is quite delicious.  On the last night of our Italian honeymoon, I had risotto with porcini mushrooms for dinner.  Midway through the meal, hubby asked how the risotto was, and I told him it was good but just as good as his brother's.  This is quite a complement for a my new big brother in law and quite an inspiration to make it myself.

Cooking up the rice

The finished product topped with a dollop of melting mascarpone cheese... yum!



p.s. Hubby loved the croutons.  He even said they rivaled Ruth's Chris... I wasn't aware that they had incredible croutons, but I take whatever compliments I can get.

2 comments:

  1. Rosario:
    Casi casi podia oler la sazón y el aroma de la combinación (setas y arroz).
    Es algo bien italiano . . y no creas, no todo el que lo cocina le dá el punto .(Dar el punto) se usa en español ,en el lenguaje cocinero cuando se obtiene el sabor perfecto a traves de las especies.
    Muy bueno Abuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm... now I want to make some! Love the dollop of mascarpone :)

    ReplyDelete