Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Brownies Worth Blogging About

When I say these brownies are delicious, that's not accurately describing how great they actually are.  These brownies are earth shattering... mind blowing... caramel-icious... chocolate-y divine... really, there are no words that can truly express the feeling of eating these brownies.  And that's probably why the Pioneer Woman calls them knock-you naked brownies.  I love the Pioneer Woman. I've been reading her blog for years now and have watched her shows and read her books (two cookbooks and a novel/autobiography true life love story).  Her cooking is delicious and butter-filled like Paula Deen... though I do caveat that she cooks for her family that owns a cattle ranch, so they work for every calorie.

I had been looking for a reason to make such a decadent treat since it would be dangerous to have around just hubby and I.  We went to Austin for a friend's birthday a few weeks ago, and I thought that would be a great place to bring out a batch of knock-you naked brownies.  While making the brownies, I doubted their scrumptious potential, which was wrong of me to doubt anything the Pioneer Woman has approved.  The recipe is fairly simple, though it does take some steps to provide the chewy caramel-y center layer.  I wasn't able to determine my true opinion until I pulled the brownies out of the oven, cooled them, and finally refrigerated them (to keep them from making an absolute mess when cut).

The recipe was surprisingly simple given the delicious results... no one would have guessed it is based off of a box mix!

I finally cut into the brownies to get a small square to taste the finished product.  I took my first bite into the chocolate brownie layers and discovered the almost hidden caramel layer as it melted in my mouth adding an extra dimension that I never thought possible.  Each bite was pure pleasure.  Hubby's eyes almost popped out of his head when he had one.  He didn't realize all the delicious-ness that could be put into one little bite.  Our friends had similar reactions as they took their first bites of this delectable dish.  This is definitely something I will save for very special occasions (especially if I want to continue to fit into my clothes).

You can't really tell that this brownie will knock your socks off from the pan.

Just look at the gooey delicious-ness coming out of the center of this brownie!

1 comment:

  1. Definitivamente:
    Esta descripcion es la mejor de tu blog!!."extra dimension","gooey delicious-ness"
    "hidden caramel""knock your socks off"etc etc.
    Creo que tendras a tus lectores corriendo por la receta de la Pioneer Woman.

    ReplyDelete