Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta

I love sundried tomatoes.  There is something so tangy and delicious about them that always leaves me wanting more.  I've mentioned Laura in the Kitchen before on this blog, and I will continue to mention her and her easy to understand recipes.  I saw her video blog about sundried tomato pesto pasta and knew I had to try it.  Seeing the recipe made me think of a pasta salad I had at Eatzi's, which was out of this world.

For this recipe, I got to use my food processor, which is always a pleasure.

The recipe was simple and gave me an opportunity to use my awesome food processor.  I put the water to boil to begin getting my pasta ready while I made the sauce.  I toasted the pine nuts and basically put all the ingredients into the food processor.  After blending everything up to the desired consistency, I made the pasta.  Reserving some of the pasta liquid, I quickly and easily mixed the pesto and pasta... voila!  Dinner in about 15 minutes.  The dish was flavorful and delicious when it was fresh, and that flavor developed over the next few days as hubby and I ate the leftovers as pasta salad.

 Mix it, and its done!

 Dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment