Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I heard about a cooking video blog in Entertainment Weekly that I absolutely had to try.  It's called Laura in the Kitchen and stars Laura Vitale.  Don't worry, you shouldn't know who Laura is, but her video blog is worth getting to know (and so is she).  I started going through all of the over 400 recipes she has up on her site, and they all sound so good.  I decided to try one of the recipes that seemed simple enough for a weekday dinner.

I tried Laura's chicken cacciatore, which according to her is a chicken dish with mushroom, peppers, onions, and tomatoes.  Although this wasn't the chicken cacciatore my Italian hubby remembered from his childhood, the dish turned out delicious and fairly healthy.  Laura provides a video of her making the dish as well as a written out recipe.  I watched the video, read the recipe, and then followed along to the video as I made the dish.  The video was helpful in showing me what my dish should look like as I went through each of the steps, and I can't wait to try other ideas from Laura.  Check her out!

All my ingredients ready and Laura's video on my ipad... it's dinner time!

All the ingredients cooking in the pan... makes the kitchen smell delicious.

 Voila!  And with a fresh basil leaf to make it look pretty because Laura says that part of eating is with our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment