Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Brunch at Home

I am (finally) starting work tomorrow, so I thought I would start this week's post on Sunday just in case the work week takes over.  In honor of my final weekend before beginning work, I decided to make a special Sunday breakfast.  I had bought tons of raspberries that had been on sale and thought about making a fruit compote (another Laura in the Kitchen inspiration) to put on top of waffles.  I really like waffles, pancakes, and french toast (yes, I have quite a sweet tooth), but I am not in love with maple syrup.  I will use just enough to get a bite sweet but never drenching the delicate breakfast.  Homemade fruit compote is a whole other story.

I used Laura in the Kitchen's berry compote recipe, which was almost too simple.  I already had all the necessary ingredients (always a bonus) and easily put it together in no time at all.  Then I had to make the waffles.  I decided to try a simple recipe that isn't worth mentioning.  The recipe's redeeming factor was that it was all made in a blender.  I thought that was pretty convenient.  Unfortunately, the waffles were bland, but the fruit compote more than made up for it.  We happily ate our waffles, and I began my search for a delicious go-to waffle recipe.

Cooking up the fruit compote was easy and really made the difference in our Sunday breakfast.

The blender waffles were a great idea but fell flat in flavor.

At least the waffles looked pretty.

Yes, it was just as delicious as it looks... maybe more.

No comments:

Post a Comment