Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

This past weekend hubby and I decided to do something new and venture a little further out of our Fort Worth comfort zone.  It was a cool-ish Saturday night, and we couldn't think of a better date night spot than a Rangers game.  I grew up around baseball and softball since my siblings played, and it is my favorite sport to watch, mostly because I actually understand what is going on.  I can even remember going to a Marlins game as a kid in Florida... I think that is a pretty random memory to remember. 

The Texas Rangers play in Arlington, which is between Fort Worth in Dallas.  We were able to get cheap seats and easily made the 15 minute drive.  We arrived at the stadium and found our seats at the top with a great view of the entire game.  Apparently, the Rangers stadium was voted to have the loudest fans.  I'm not sure how that is calculated, but you could tell people were excited about being at the game.  We sat by an older woman who brought snacks and got dinner at the game.  She had on a bedazzled Rangers t-shirt and mardi gras beads in Rangers colors and would high five everyone around her whenever the Rangers would score.  She was a die hard fan.

Although the game wasn't the most interesting, hubby and I enjoyed hanging out and watching the game without announcers and replays.  Midway through the game, we got barbecue brisket sandwiches that were surprisingly good for ballpark food (and reasonably priced).  It was so nice to get out of the house and enjoy time outside (without necessarily having to bike 15 miles... read yesterday's post).  We left after the 7th inning when both teams were tied, though in the end, the Rangers lost.  Even with an eventual loss, it was a fun time, and hubby and I will keep it in mind for future evenings out.

Our view from the top was perfect for seeing the whole game.

Dinner was barbecue brisket sandwiches with chips... yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment