Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Neighbors and Farro

Since getting our puppy, Maui, last week, we have become more social.  All these neighbors we had never seen before are becoming part of our regular routine.  We take Maui out several times a day and meet new people each time.  Neighbors have introduced themselves, and we've even been invited out to dinner.  I wouldn't have thought that a cute puppy would have brought on quite this much attention, but it's nice to see and talk to new people. 

Last night's dinner was going to be a simple vegetable pasta dish, but then hubby emailed me right before I got to the grocery store with a new suggestion.  He emailed me the recipe for Cheesy Farro and Tomato Risotto, which I agreed sounded quite delicious.  We had discovered farro when hubby was working at his last job at a food distributor and loved the nuttiness of this super grain.  I added yellow squash and zucchini to give the recipe a little more substance... hubby commented that I am always changing recipes, which may be true, but they are always turning out very good.  The farro dish was no different.  It was delicious in its simplicity.

Dinner is served with some more of the salad I made yesterday.

Just because I can  =)

2 comments: