Thursday, August 2, 2012

Weekday Outing

We are going to Napa for my friend's wedding this weekend.  Since we leave tomorrow very early in the morning, this is my last post for the week, but I'm sure that Monday's post will be filled with lots of amazing vineyard pictures.  This also means that I spent yesterday doing everything I would usually do on Friday, mainly housework.  Don't worry, this post will not be about me mopping floors.

Yesterday night, hubby and I had a midweek outing to visit friends in Dallas.  My super great friends from New Orleans are in town, so we met up with them and some of their other friends for beer and pizza at Union Bear in Dallas' West Village shopping center.  I think it's funny when places have the same names as those in New York.  Fort Worth has an Upper West Side and Houston St, though it's pronounced like the Texas city.  When my friends said we were meeting in the West Village, I found it humorous, though this West Village is much newer, smaller, and has better parking.

When we lived in New York, we lived in the Upper West Side, so New York's West Village was a solid half hour subway ride away, if not more.  Driving into Dallas from Fort Worth is a similar commute, though this time you are in your car driving and don't have to worry about the smelly homeless man sitting next to you.  The difference between New York and Texas (other than smelly passengers) is that in New York we would be traveling about 6 miles while in Texas we go over 30 miles.  I still haven't decided whether I like driving or the subway better, but I think chauffeured car might be the best of both worlds.

 Food, friends, and beer was fun. We had a lamb meatball and goat cheese pizza, which is a combination I am looking forward to having again.  It was also nice to see people out and about on a weekday night... we still haven't found out where all the people go in Fort Worth during the week.  Just like last night, this weekend will be filled with food and friends and, instead of beer, wine.

Happy early weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Rosario:
    Napa Valley, friends, wine and your hubby,all together looks fantastic.
    Have a good time!!!
    Abuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend with wine, food and beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete